Saturday, September 8, 2007

A "New" Frig

Well, we need a new frig for our rental house. I really don't want to spend $500 or more on a new one. I just need a frig which works good.

We have finally been able to secure what seem like good tenants, so purchasing is not an option. We have to get one in the rental this weekend so it will be ready for them to move in on Monday.

I was ready to take the sale ads and hit the appliance stores/home improvement stores and try to grab the best deal, when a great idea hit me. (Actually it jumped out at me from the pages of the Advertiser.) There is an auction this morning close by where, among the listings of farm tools, guns and depression glass, they also listed a refrigerator for sale.

So, I am headed to the auction this morning right after I finish cooking breakfast for the kids. I will let you know when I get back if I was successful and if so, how much I saved. It is definitely worth a try.

The Frugal Queen