Friday, September 28, 2007

Frugality Must be Planned For...

...it is the times when it is not planned for that we spend the extra money. Case in point is this evening. The twins and I went down to the townhall to set up for the pancake breakfast. I really thought we were only going to be down there for a hour at most as there were also going to be a number of other people there to help.

The problem occurred when it was discovered that we were missing the cord to one of the griddles we use to cook the pancakes on. This meant that someone (me) was going to have to go get another one if we were to have three griddles at the breakfast in the morning. But, I had not yet fed the twins dinner.

So off to Dairy Queen we went on our way to the store to buy another griddle. I should have know better and fed them before we left the house. Or at a minimum have made them something to take with them.

Lesson learned. (Again.) I hope next time I remember and am able to be proactive instead of reactive.

Until another frugal moment hits...

The Frugal Queen